Enrollment fees are due soon after students enroll in classes. Students may be dropped if their enrollment fees are not paid by the fee payment deadline. This is true even if students enroll in a class that starts later in the semester.
|Type of Enrollment Fee||Enrollment Fee Amount|
|Resident student enrollment fee||$46 per unit|
|Non-resident / Foreign student enrollment fee||
If you believe your residency type is incorrect, please reference the How to Apply for Residency website for more information.
|Dual Enrollment students||
Enrollment fees are waived for K-12 dual enrolled students, except the $12 student activity & student representation fees.
All fees are waived for CCAP students.
Payment Deadlines by Semester
Need Financial Aid?
The deadline to submit the California Promise Grant and Veteran (VA) and Department of Rehabilitation Students is the Monday before the deadline.
Make sure you apply for financial aid as early as possible and review the financial aid deadlines.
How to Pay for Classes
Pay your tuition and fees using any of the following methods:
- Online through Student Self Serve with a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Cards)
- By mail with a check
- Make checks payable to Hartnell College.
- Mail your check to the Business Services office.
- Make sure to include your full name, student ID number and "enrollment fees" on the check's subject line.
- In person visit our Cashier’s Office in Building B and pay with check, cash, or credit
- For any questions, contact the Cashiers Office at 831-755-6998
- Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm & Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm
- A 100% refund is given upon withdrawal during the first two weeks of the semester.
- No refund or credit is given after withdrawal beyond the second week of the semester.
The refund/reversal for short-term classes is based on the length of the class and the number of days per week the class meets.
- A 100% refund is given upon withdrawal by the 10% point.
- No refund is given after the withdrawal beyond the 10% point.
100% Refund if Withdrawal by End of
|4-week class||2nd day of class|
|6-week class||3rd day of class|
|8-week class||4th day of class|
|10-week class||1st wk of class|
Note: Classes meeting fewer weeks or fewer days per week will have shorter withdrawal periods based on their 10 percent point.
Dropping or withdrawing from a course after the 10% point will result in the student owing the fees for the course. Dropping or withdrawing is not an automatic process. It is the student's responsibility to drop the classes they are not attending. If you do not drop a class, you will be charged for it, and you could receive an "F" grade that will remain on your permanent record. Please follow this link to view the Attendance Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you will be dropped from ALL your courses, even if you paid for some courses. Make sure to make a payment via your Student Self Serve.
If you add classes after your initial registration, you must check your Student Self Serve account balance and pay any additional fees before the next payment deadline or you will be dropped from all your classes, even those you registered for earlier.