More than a scholarship program
WELI strives to increase college completion rates among female students in the Salinas Valley . With the support of the WELI Program, WELI Scholars of Hartnell College will achieve their leadership potential and attain personal, academic, and professional success. For the 2023-2024 academic year, 50 women will be selected to be part of the WELI cohort. WELI Scholars receive the following benefits:
- Leadership Training: Three day training to develop critical life skills such as budgeting and communication.
- Mentor Program: Community leaders serve as WELI Mentors.
- Scholarship Award: At completion of Leadership Training, students receive a $1,250 award. An additional $1,250 will be given upon completion of the mentor workshops.
- Must be a current Hartnell student who plans on being enrolled at Hartnell for the Academic Year 2023-2024
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 units each semester (6 units, if DSPS recipient)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Transgender and Cisgender women are welcome to apply.
Application deadline for the WELI program has been EXTENDED to June 15, 2023.
Who To Contact
- Office of Equity Programs
Phone: (831) 755-6723
Building: B - Student Services Building