American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
ACLU's Monterey County Chapter is working to protect and advance civil liberties and civil rights in Monterey County. They meet monthly here in Monterey. Visit their webpage or call their affiliate at (415) 621-2493.
The Access Support Network (ASN)
Monterey County Address:
340 Church St.
Salinas, CA 93601
The Otter Cross Cultural Center (OC3) cultivates a collection vision towards critical consciousness by offering educational programs, holistic leadership development, academic resources, and experiential learning opportunities to bridge passion into practice so that students, staff, and faculty grow into leaders of change to eliminate social inequalities. By fostering meaningful dialogue and activism while also promoting empathy and social justice, the OC3 takes proactive approaches that respects people's evolving sense of self, perspectives, identities, and voices.
CSUMB Student Center
LGBTQ+ Resource Guide
Local Pride Organizations
- Salinas Valley Pride
- Monterey Peninsula Pride
- Pride of Monterey County
- Santa Cruz Pride
- Watsonville Pride
- Pajaro Valley Pride
- Silicon Valley Pride
- San Francisco Pride
Local Support Groups
- Community Human Services (They also have a Facebook page) Community Human Services is now offering a free counseling and support group for LGBTQ adults, led by master’s level mental health clinician, Edgar Rondon. Sessions will be held alternating Saturdays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at Family Services Center, 1178 Broadway Avenue in Seaside. This group will provide a safe space for LGBTQ individuals and their families to share their experiences in an anonymous, supportive and encouraging environment.
- Triangle Speakers Website
- Yahoo Group: "Gay/Lesbian Email Network for the Monterey Area" (You must join the group in order to see any information)
- The Epicenter : Seeks to empower at risk and system involved youth ages 16-24 to flourish by connecting them to community resources that provide opportunities for equity and hope in order to improve youth outcomes in Monterey County.
- Rainbow Speakers and Friends : Rainbow Speakers and Friends is a volunteer group that presents representative panels of the LGBTQI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Queer, Intersex) community.
- UCSC Cantu Queer Center
Santa Cruz Area LGBTQ Resource Directory
The Diversity Center is dedicated to building a diverse community, promoting health and well being, and
advancing social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and questioning
individuals and their allies in Santa Cruz County.
Visit their website for more info or call at 831-425-5422
Suicide Prevention Crisis Line
831-649-8008 ,Toll Free 1-877-663-5433 or visit their website.
Centers in Northern CA