CONGRATULATIONS PROSPECTIVE 2024 HARTNELL GRADUATES!
READ THIS STATEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY. WE WILL CONTINUOUSLY UPDATE THIS PAGE WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Due to increased number of graduates, we will be updating this webpage with all the information you need.
NOTE: As we start planning for the commencement ceremony of our Class of 2024, we will be using this page to update all information regarding graduation details.
- Confetti, balloons, and other large signage will not be allowed in the stadium.
- All guests (3 years and above) are required to have a ticket.
- Once the ceremony is over, please locate your graduate near the two (2) main exits, and prepare to vacate the stadium promptly.
- Graduates are required to stay for the entire ceremony start to finish (do not encourage your graduate to leave early, they will be asked to return to their seat.)
- You are responsible for your guest tickets, lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
- No additional tickets are available at this time.
- Carpooling is encouraged as parking is limited.
- Traffic will be heavy during the commencement ceremony. All attendees are encouraged
to plan appropriately and prepare for additional time for travel.
- Staff will be on site to direct traffic to appropriate parking areas.
- The commencement ceremony event is wheelchair accessible. Individuals requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Student Life as soon as possible.
- Accommodations will be accessible to the person who needs accommodation, plus one
(1). The accommodations area will be to the immediate right at the stadium entrance.
Designated signs will guide those to the appropriate location.
Q: Are there age limits to the ceremony?
A: Each ticket admits one (1) person age 3 and up. Guests under 3 years old must share seating with parent or guardian.
Q: Can I receive more tickets in addition to the tickets I am provided?
A: Each graduate is limited due to the increased number of graduates. As we approach the ceremony, we will contact graduates if there is an opportunity to obtain extra tickets. Graduates do not need a ticket to attend the ceremony, only guests.
Q: How long is the ceremony?
A: Graduates are required to participate for the entire duration of the ceremony from start to
finish. Plan all other activities around the ceremony.
Q: What should I and my guests wear for graduation?
A: Graduates, remember that you are wearing a gown that will cover most of your body. Due to unpredictable weather conditions of Salinas Valley, we recommend graduates and guests prepare for both sunny and cloudy/windy weather.
NOTE: The venue strictly forbids the use of stiletto heels and fresh flower lei due to damaging the stadium turf floor. Therefore, we cannot allow you to wear this type of shoe or lei.
Q: What if I can no longer attend the ceremony? Will I still receive my diploma?
A: Attending the ceremony does not affect your graduation. You will receive your diploma in the mail during the summer.
Q: How do I know if I need to purchase Honors Cords and Stoles of Gratitude?
A: When picking up your tickets, please ask the staff member if you are on the honors list (3.25 GPA or above). Stoles of Gratitude are given to an individual who has assisted with your academic success. The graduate wears a stole of gratitude then presents this to the honoree after the ceremony. A stole of gratitude is a beautiful way to thank someone and provide an item of remembrance for the ceremony and all their help.
Q: Can I decorate my cap?
A: Yes, be respectful in the content of your decoration. Decorations must be flat on the cap.
Regalia is now available. See below for more information.
Regalia is available at the Bookstore (C123) or the bookstore website
Due to the increased number of graduates, please do not call the Office of Student Life, as we will be updating this Graduation Commencement webpage with all the information you need.
- Honors Cords and Stoles of Gratitude will need to be purchased at the Hartnell Bookstore. Please order the Stoles of Gratitude at the bookstore website. Honors cords will be available first-come-first-served.
- Honors cords are available if you are on the honors list (3.25 GPA or above).
- Stoles of Gratitude are given to an individual who has assisted with your academic success. The graduate wears a stole of gratitude then presents this to the honoree after the ceremony. A stole of gratitude is a beautiful way to thank someone and provide an item of remembrance for the ceremony and all their help
Bookstore hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm