Hartnell College scholarships are funded through generous contributions to the Hartnell College Foundation by community groups, businesses, foundations, and individuals who value education and want to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Each academic year, the General Application opens and offers a variety of scholarships.
A single application places students in consideration for a variety of scholarships!
The General Application for the 2023-2024 Hartnell Scholarships Program has closed.
The General Application for the 2024-2025 TBD
Hartnell incoming, continuing and transfer students.
The minimum requirements for MOST Hartnell Scholarships are:
- Maintain enrollment, at Hartnell College, in at least 9 units during the application semester and during the Fall and Spring semesters of the award year. (Applies to incoming, continuing and returning students at Hartnell College)
- Applicants must maintain/earn a minimum 2.5 GPA by the end of the Fall semester.
Recipients must maintain this requirement during the awarded academic year. Exceptions are sometimes made.
Scholarship/s award could range from $500-$5000.
Applying DOES NOT guarantee you will be awarded.
Applying DOES NOT guarantee you will be awarded less than $500 or more than $5000.
If OFFERED a scholarship it DOES NOT guarantee you will be awarded. Some scholarships may be tentative upon student aid budget at Hartnell College. For more information please visit Overawards and Overpayments.
If you have been offered a scholarship we recommend using the following template: Thank You Letter example (new format)
Please submit your thank you letter/s by the deadline included in your offer letter. If you need an extension, please call (831) 755-6811 ASAP.
Failure to submit your thank you letter by the deadline could result in your scholarship/s being re-awarded to the next eligible student or returned to the fund.
Once you have submitted your thank you letter/s, in mid-November* you should expect an email sent to your Hartnell student account of an update has been made to your financial aid. This is a notification that your scholarship/s has been processed and you should be expecting a check to the address on file with the Office of Admissions & Records.
For additional questions and/or concerns please call (831) 755-6811.
* Subject to change
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the application has been delayed to December* 2023.
* Subject to change
Unfortunately, due to Federal Regulations, your scholarship may be canceled. If you have been offered a scholarship but received an email that you are no longer being offered the scholarship due to your scholarship award exceeding your unmet need, please speak with the Financial Aid Director or Financial Lead for additional information about your student budget.
Hartnell College Scholarships Office411 Central Ave.Salinas, CA 93901
- Once the check made out to Hartnell College has been received, enrollment at Hartnell and eligibility for the scholarship award must be verified by the Scholarships Office. If possible, please include the Hartnell Student ID number.
- Once the verification is complete, the funds are then deposited into the student's account. If the student has an outstanding balance at Hartnell, the scholarship funds will be used to settle that balance.
- If the student is eligible for a refund for any amount remaining of her/his/their scholarship award, a refund check will be mailed to the student in 3-4 week from the Hartnell Business Office.
Who To Contact
- Scholarships Office
Phone: (831) 755-6811
- Financial Aid Help
Building: B - Student Services
Office: Financial Aid Department
B - Student Services