The Making Accessible and Effective Systems for Teacher Readiness Outcomes (MAESTROs) program supports all future teachers with multiple educational pathways that lead to a teaching credential. Students can choose to transfer to their school of choice and have more flexibility in terms of their personal timeline to graduation at Hartnell College. Students interested in elementary, secondary and special education pathways can join MAESTROs.
By participating in MAESTROs, students receive the following benefits and support services:
- Mentoring, academic coaching, and follow-up services to help you stay on track
- Lending library textbooks in select courses
- Opportunity to join cohort courses with other future teachers
- Professional development workshops that help build your teacher identity
- Laptop loan
- Free CBEST preparation workshops
- Transfer support and resources
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM BEST SUITED FOR?
- Students who need to move at their own pace, need more flexibility in their schedule and/or go part-time
- Students can participate and take classes at any of the Hartnell locations (main campus, Alisal, Soleded and King City Education Center)
- Students who want to pursue any of the credential pathways: elementary, middle, high school, or special education