Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - CFDA No. 84.425E
Student Aid Portion for Hartnell College - Total Award $1,807,670
1. Hartnell Community College District has signed and returned to the U.S. Department Education (ED) the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Hartnell Community College District will receive $1,807,670 from the ED pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 9/30/2020 is $1,060,000.
4. The estimated total number of students eligible to participate in the program under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) was 2,600.
5. As of 9/30/2020, 2,120 students have received an emergency grant Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. Hartnell College utilized the following methods to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
a. The 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a local Emergency Grant Application was used to determine eligibility for students enrolled during Spring 2020 and Summer 2020. The grant award was $500 for eligible students.
b. Students enrolled in Fall 2020 with a COVID-19 related financial hardship can apply for emergency grant assistance by completing an Emergency Scholarship Application. The Grant award is $500 for eligible students.
7. Students at Hartnell College eligible to receive CARES Act funding were notified via email with instructions on how to apply for CARES Act funding through Summer 2020. Students who are notified of eligibility were provided with a link to complete an emergency application along with a deadline to submit their application. Students who were determined eligible, received a notice via email informing them that they been granted the CARES Act emergency award along with an approximate date of award disbursement.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - CFDA No. 84.425F
Institutional Portion for Hartnell College - Total Award $1,807,669
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - CFDA No. 84.425L
HSI Portion for Hartnell College - Total Award $240,285