Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
Hartnell Community College District has signed and returned to the U.S. Department Education (ED) the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
1. Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Student Aid for Hartnell College - CFDA No. 84.425E - Total Award $1,807,670
2. Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Institutional Portion for Hartnell College - CFDA No. 84.425F - Total Award $1,807,669
3. Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
HSI Portion for Hartnell College - CFDA No. 84.425EL- Total Award $240,285
4. Hartnell Community College District will receive $1,807,670 from the ED pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
5. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 7/30/2020 is $921,500. The distribution dates and amounts are as follows:
05/07/2020 - $440,500
05/18/2020 - $451,500
06/26/2020 - $29,000
0/709/2020 - $500
6. The estimated total number of students eligible to participate in the program Under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004 (a) (1) was 2600.
7. As of June 25, 2020, 1,842 students have received an emergency grant Section 18004 (a) (1) of the CARES Act.
8. Hartnell College utilized the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data and local Emergency Grant Application to determine student eligibility. The grant award was $500 for eligible students.
9. Hartnell College has received special funding from the federal government to provide emergency grants to students who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Students were sent an email informing them they qualify for CARES Act funding if they have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Students were instructed to fill out the CARES Act emergency application and describe how they have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.