In order to receive Financial Aid I understand that I must:

  1. Be accepted for admission
  2. Be enrolled in a program leading to a degree or eligible certificate(link to programs)
  3. Be in good academic standing(link) and satisfactory academic (link)progress standing
  4. For most programs, demonstrate financial need
  5. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  6. Certify compliance with Selective Service Registration requirements
  7. Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under any Title IV program
  8. Have a social security number
  9. Have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent
  10. Comply with all requests for documents
  11. Enroll in at least 6 units per semester at HCC in order to receive Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Cal Grants, and Direct Student Loans

I will comply with the Federal Pell Grant regulations, which prohibit a student from receiving Federal Pell Grant from more than one institution at the same time.
I acknowledge that the information provided on my financial aid application and other documents is true and correct. Hartnell College may verify any and/or all information. I will notify the Financial Aid Office of receipt of other financial assistance or resources, including scholarships, rehabilitation benefits or other educational benefits.

I understand that award amounts on my Award Letter (except for BOGW) may be reduced based on my enrollment status. In some instances I may become ineligible for the grant(s) if I do not maintain full-time status. My eligibility will be reviewed based on my enrollment level on census date (the fourth week of classes). No upward adjustments to awards will be made after census date. Enrollment Levels are; full time = 12 or more units, three-quarter time = 9-11 units, half-time = 6-8 units, and less than half-time = less than 6 units.

I understand that I must begin attending classes to qualify for my financial aid and that if I drop units prior to census date I may be required to repay all or a part of the financial aid I received.

I understand that Hartnell will credit my student account and will use my aid to pay any current outstanding required fees I may owe. I can find when my financial aid funds will be available by reviewing the HCC Disbursement Schedule.

If I have a Federal Work Study (FWS) award I understand that this is not a guarantee of employment. I will review the FWS information at the Career Center Job Bank to find how to apply for a FWS position and the terms and conditions of the FWS program.

If I receive financial aid and then withdraw from classes prior to the end of the semester, I may be required to repay all or a portion of the financial aid disbursed to me for that semester. I must file the official withdrawal documentation with the Admissions and Records Office.

I will promptly notify the Admissions and Records and Financial Aid of any change of address, phone number, name, and drop or withdrawal from some or all classes.

Who To Contact

  • Financial Aid Office
    Phone: 831-755-6806
    Building: B - Student Services
    Office: Financial Aid Department
    B - Student Services